Two Trick Pony has been committed to green design since we began the company in 2006. We work hard to reduce our environmental hoof print in many ways, starting with recycling everything we can. Trips to the local paper recycling bin are routine and if we miss a few scraps, we know our studio assistant Wally will take care of them.
All of our screen printed goods are printed by hand using water-based inks, which do not require harsh chemicals to clean up. We use natural cleaners around the studio with recycled cloth rags, no paper towels for the Ponies!
Every greeting card is printed on 100% post consumer waste recycled paper. Pre consumer waste, as opposed to post consumer waste, consists of scraps from the paper manufacturing industry which have not been used by end consumers. By choosing to use the highest post consumer waste content available, we are preventing more paper waste from ending up in landfills. Our kraft envelopes and chipboard items also contain recycled content.
Shipping boxes are always reused, they may not be pretty but they do the job. So if you get a package from us that looks like this, know that you are doing your part to help the environment!
We support alternative energy sources through participating in National Grid’s Green Up renewable energy program. Through this program, we support the development of wind, solar, biomass, and hydro in our community, while helping to offset the environmental impact of non-renewable energy sources. We feel it is important to participate in the movement towards these eco-friendly alternatives. And someday we may even build our own Tesla generator!
We are constantly striving towards better, cleaner and greener practices, so feel free to contact us with any information, advice, or concerns. And please—recycle or reuse our cards if you receive one! Here are just a few ideas:
• Cut the card into strips and use as bookmarks or as gift tags.
• Remove the front of the card and send as a postcard
• Paper cuts can be surprisingly painful which makes our cards effective as weapons. (we do not condone violence, use in self defense only)
• Frame the front of the card so you can remember receiving it forever!
• The extra stiff card stock works great for scooping up and rehoming spiders and other multi-legged friends.
• Our cards make great fans in the summer heat! Just stick a popsicle stick on the back and hand it to someone you love along with some grapes.
• Simply toss it in the recycling bin!